- Conservation Intern (Archives - Prince Albert Project) Household / Department Royal Collection Trust Section / Branch Fine Art and Library Location Windsor Castle Contract/recruitment type Internship
- Start date: October 2018
- End date: July 2019
- Starting salary: GBP 17,062.50 per annum pro rata, plus benefits
- Hours of work: 37.5 per week, over 5 days, Monday to Friday
About the role
It's developing skills, while conserving a collection enjoyed by millions It's learning and contributing at the same time. And it's caring for one of the world's greatest collections. This is what makes an internship with Royal Collection Trust so different.
In terms of both quality and diversity, the Royal Collection is breath-taking. The Conservation team's challenge is to care for, preserve and restore this unique collection for the future.
Joining our dedicated conservation team in The Royal Library and Archives, you'll gain practical experience in a range of conservation activities, while supporting our major project exploring the life, works and legacy of Prince Albert.
You'll help to transform public access to this remarkable collection as we bring it online ? by carrying out conservation treatments, you'll play a part in helping us share the collection in new and exciting ways.
You'll learn how to care for and restore historic documents, manuscripts and archived items using various traditional techniques including paper repair, surface cleaning and consolidation of leather. You'll also develop an understanding of our conservation and curatorial management systems and have the opportunity to gain an insight into the different processes and considerations of a digitisation project.
With the chance to benefit from the expertise of Conservators in the Royal Bindery section, you?ll be able to grow your skills in a unique environment where development and training is commonplace.
With a relevant degree and keen interest in Conservation and Archives, you're exactly who we're looking for:
- A confident communicator, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, you are able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- You're extremely organised, with versatile IT skills and attention to detail that's second to none.
- What's more, you're eager to immerse yourself in the unique learning opportunities that the Royal Collection and Royal Archives presents.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for you to use your passion for Conservation and enthusiastic approach to develop new skills and take the next step in your career.
To apply, please visit www.everydayexceptional.royal.uk, the closing date for applications is August 15, 2018.