Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.pngThis free online community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to pose questions related to collections care. Questions are monitored and referred to a community of experts to elicit the best possible responses. Join the community by creating an account or logging in by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: Displaying hemp plant with other artifacts

We treat our collection of dried specimens following a protocol adapted from the NYBG's Herbarium where more than seven million specimens are stored. In the Library we have a small collection of non-scientific herbaria. The preservation needs for ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Displaying hemp plant with other artifacts

Hi Chelsea, I reached out to some conservators with more experience with natural science specimens. I received a thoughtful response from objects conservator Rachael Perkins Arenstein:  "As a conservator who treats natural science specimens I find ...

• Hi Jonas- Glad to see that your re-org project is still happening. I wanted to let you know that a course that happened last year as part of the C2C Care program called Planning Your RE-ORG Project will be available free starting in June. See below for ...

• Profile Picture

GW Museum Studies Online applications for fall

The George Washington University's Online Graduate Certificate Program in Museum Collections Management and Care is accepting applications for a fall start. The graduate certificate is earned completely online . There is never a time that you are ...

• Profile Picture

Weekly blog focused on at-home collection care

Each week Fellows in the Winterthur/University of Delaware Program in Art Conservation are sharing tips on how people can care for their personal collections while they are staying safer at home! The first eight can be found here:  https://www.artcons.udel.edu/outreach/public-outreach  ...

Latest Blog Posts

• Below is a posting for our fellow museum professionals. I thought this community would be the best place for this. Please share with your colleagues.  Bureau Director II, Director of Curatorial Services Museum Division Starting Annual Salary: $55,208.96 ...