Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.pngThis free online community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to pose questions related to collections care. Questions are monitored and referred to a community of experts to elicit the best possible responses. Join the community by creating an account or logging in by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: NMHM collections support

And a reminder that Angela's amazing book, Managing Previously Unmanaged Collections is available through its publisher: https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781442263482/Managing-Previously-Unmanaged-Collections-A-Practical-Guide-for-Museums . It is well worth ...

• Profile Picture

RE: NMHM collections support

Hello Camelia, I hope you are able to connect with others who have been through the same potentially-daunting task. I'm glad you were able to attend the RE-ORG course. I wanted to be sure you are aware of the recorded webinar Managing Previously ...

• Profile Picture

NMHM collections support

Hello friends and colleagues, I am reaching out because New Mexico Holocaust Museum and Gellert Center for Education is looking for some support/advice/help with our collections. NMHM is at the beginning of formally organizing and cataloging our collection, ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Rosary storage

Dear Corinne, Artifacts frequently crop up in the archives! If there is a place in your archive, where you can store flat boxes, those would be ideal. Refurbishing the boxes for your specific artifacts may require some additional supplies. I would lay ...

• Profile Picture

Rosary storage

Hello, One of our special collections contains a few rosaries, with one being particularly bulky with beads about 1" in diameter. Does anyone have any storage suggestions for this type of material? Thank you! -- ------------------------------ Corinne ...