Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.pngThis free online community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to pose questions related to collections care. Questions are monitored and referred to a community of experts to elicit the best possible responses. Join the community by creating an account or logging in by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

Glazing (Framing) for Paintings

Hello! I was interested in getting more information about the pros (and cons) of having (and retaining) paintings under acrylic/plexi. I'm talking about oil on canvas, or tempera on board (as examples). I do understand the need to have an object's ...

• Profile Picture

Tracer gas used in enclosed gallery

Hi all - We have gallery space that is having a hard time staying humidified over the winter months despite a fairly sophisticated HVAC system.  Engineering recommendations last winter have not proven successful so the next step has been to contract ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Charcoal pouches?

I have often included Micro-Chamber paper, a really convenient and no-mess way to include activated charcoal and zeolite clay VOC scavengers, in heritage material housings and microenvironments, (see  http://www.conservationresources.com/Main/S%20CATALOG/MicroChamber.htm ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Moving Carriages

If you get the GoJacks, be sure to get the rack that will hold them. It is an added expense, but well worth it. The rack makes moving the gojacks easier and keeps them in one place. ------------------------------ Mike Bell Curator of Collections, Oklahoma ...

• Thank you for the advice, Christina! Looking into these suggestions. ------------------------------ Claire Forsyth Archivist Memory Labs Toronto ON ------------------------------

Latest Blog Posts

• Below is a posting for our fellow museum professionals. I thought this community would be the best place for this. Please share with your colleagues.  Bureau Director II, Director of Curatorial Services Museum Division Starting Annual Salary: $55,208.96 ...

Latest Library Entries