Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.pngThis free online community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to pose questions related to collections care. Moderators monitor questions and send them to a community of experts to elicit the best possible responses. 
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: Untreated muslin

Carolyn:  As one who has washed larger amounts(2-3 yds) of fabric store unbleached muslin in my home machine in the past, for crafting projects, one has to then IRON the fabric, as it wrinkles in the washer and stays that way even if line dried. So follow ...

• Profile Picture

Hi Carolyn, check out Test Fabrics. https://www.testfabrics.com/search-result.php?do=search.   They supply textile labs with all kinds of fabrics so fabric that doesn't have sizing is part of their stock.  Unfortunately, they don't have their prices ...

• Profile Picture

Carolyn and all,  As a former fabric store manager who worked with a lot of quilters and heirloom sewers who were concerned with long term and delicate care materials, I have a couple of comments to add. 1) To reduce the wrinkling, after cutting or tearing ...

• Profile Picture

School Chalkboard

A question from the French Lick West Baden Museum: we have a chalkboard that came out of an old school building that was torn down. The board is at least 60 years old and has handwritten names in chalk of teachers and students from that time. Is there ...

• I work with sorting and storing old uniforms and flags for the archive at our local Girl Scout Office.  Our budget is whatever can be gleaned from other departments budgets.  For dust covers and for travel covers for fully dressed display forms, we purchased ...