Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.png
Have a specific question about collections care? You’ve come to the right place! The Connecting to Collections Care (C2C Care) Community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to post collections care questions. The forum is monitored by volunteer conservation professionals who answer questions directly or can seek the assistance of conservators and collections care professionals who provide expert assistance. All submitted questions that meet the guidelines will be posted to the community and reviewed and answered by our monitors and experts. The forum is also used to share announcements about C2C Care webinars and courses, as well as free resources (such as grants, events, publications, etc.) of interest to our core audience of smaller institutions. We encourage you to review additional terms of participation at https://community.culturalheritage.org/termsandconditions.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: Exhibiting a plow- fake dirt

Hi Rachel, I've had to incorporate dirt into a few different installations for contemporary artworks in the past and found success (no pests!) with bagged top soil from the home improvement store. I did put the bags of soil into isolation first (sealed ...

• Profile Picture

Exhibiting a plow- fake dirt

Hello!  I was wondering if anyone knows of a source for fake dirt. We want to exhibit a plow in soil, and for obvious reasons, we don't want to use real dirt. Has anyone done something similar? The plow is going to be displayed in our visitors center's ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Mounted with hot glue gun? How do I remove?

Sandra, There are many variations  of hot melt adhesives on the market and yours, based on my interpretation of the photos, may be one formulated for a "water-clear appearance", by the addition of various additives to the thermoplastic base material.  ...

1 person recommends this.
  • Profile Picture

RE: Mounted with hot glue gun? How do I remove?

Ahh, a mounting technique from the "it seemed a good idea at the time" files! Could you describe more extensively the texture/feel of the 'hard glue'? It might be that the only technique to remove (some of/most of) it is via physical manipulation, peeling ...

• Profile Picture

Advice on storage method for textile panels

Hello, I'm looking for advice on packing some textile panels. We have an artwork   The Times   by Hu Xiaoyuan, which consists of three silk panels meant to be displayed vertically. They are embellished with found objects stitched within "pockets" of ...