Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.pngThis free online community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to pose questions related to collections care. Questions are monitored and referred to a community of experts to elicit the best possible responses. Join the community by creating an account or logging in by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: Packing up Rare Books for Move/Storage

Hi Megan, I am the C2CC community forum monitor for this week. Wow, this is a BIG project! In order to provide you with the most appropriate answers, could you provide some additional information: 1) What is the shelving situation in the off-site ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Wood for storing collections

Hi Karla, this is Sonya Barron, C2CC monitor for this week. I am not familiar with the materials you linked to in your message. However, I think Marvel-sealing your plywood is a good option. I will reach out to a couple of experts on this matter to gather ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Packing up Rare Books for Move/Storage

Pack upright in acid-free record storage boxes when possible or spine down.  For oversize soft covers, flat but stacked only if not going to deform the piece. ------------------------------ Susan Beates Curator, Drake Well Museum Pennsylvania Historical ...

• Distilled water and a clean microfiber or soft cotton cloth. Sharon Moore Phoenix, AZ

• Profile Picture

RE: Looking for Recommendations - Plexi glass clea ...

Hi Katherine, We have used Tap Plastics plexi cleaner.  The nice thing is they also have polishes that have tiers that can help get out scratches (kind of like sand paper- coarser to finer grains).   https://www.tapplastics.com/novus_plastic_polishes?search=Plexi%20cleaner ...

Latest Library Entries