Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.pngThis free online community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to pose questions related to collections care. Questions are monitored and referred to a community of experts to elicit the best possible responses. Join the community by creating an account or logging in by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

Humidity indicator cards--cobalt-free vs. cobalt s ...

We're getting ready to pack up boxes of cellulose nitrate negatives and store them in a freezer per the procedure in NPS Conserve O Gram 14/10, The procedure calls for using cobalt salt humidity indicator cards, but because of the toxicity of cobalt salts, ...

• Profile Picture

RE: disaster response companies in midwest

At Iowa State University Library we use BMS Catastrophe as well as Belfor. ------------------------------ Cynthia Kapteyn Assistant Conservator Iowa State University Library Ames IA (515) 715-3304 ------------------------------

• Thank you Robin, Yes I listened to it a while ago but I do not recall them mentioning if anyone had used this particular system.  I will double check though.  Ghazaleh ------------------------------ Ghazaleh Rabiei Collections Manager Aga Khan Museum ...

• Hi  Ghazaleh- There is a webinar from the C2CCares archives that might of use to you in this. It is the:  January 2019 Demystifying Silica Gel for Effective Microclimates Webinar:   https://www. connectingtocollections.org/ effective-microclimates/ ...

• Profile Picture

Gayloard Archival Silica Gel Reconditioner

Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone has used the Gaylord Archival Silica Gel Reconditioning System at their organization? https://www.gaylord.com/Exhibit-%26-Display/Installation-Supplies/Gaylord-Archival%26%23174%3B-Silica-Gel-Reconditioning-System/p/61-GBCONDSM ...

Latest Blog Posts

• Below is a posting for our fellow museum professionals. I thought this community would be the best place for this. Please share with your colleagues.  Bureau Director II, Director of Curatorial Services Museum Division Starting Annual Salary: $55,208.96 ...