Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.pngThis free online community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to pose questions related to collections care. Questions are monitored and referred to a community of experts to elicit the best possible responses. Join the community by creating an account or logging in by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: Museum-quality Fine Art Framers

I would  wholeheartedly recommend "Frames by Rebecca" in Silver Spring - I have used Becky and Sam's services for many years.  http://www.framesbyrebecca.com/ Stephanie Fitzpatrick ------------------------------ Stephanie Fitzpatrick Frauke and Willem ...

• Profile Picture

Hello Joanna, When I worked at George Washington's Mount Vernon we used Gary Ehler at Old Colony Shop in Alexandria, VA, quite often. While not in DC the shop is fairly close just over the bridge in Old Town Alexandria. He is located at 222 S ...

• Profile Picture

Joanna, Since you mention restoring of frames in addition to rehousing, I can think of no one better than Bill Adair You won't be disappointed. George © Gold Leaf Studios. All rights reserved. Rear-1523 22nd Street, NW, Washington, DC 20037 Tel: ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Are Ziploc bags okay for multi year object sto ...

All, Polymer engineer here to parse a hair: the strict definition of a "virgin" polymer/plastic is that the feed stock (or pellets used to make a product) has never been used before. It does NOT necessarily mean that no additives have been combined WITH ...

• Hi all- If anyone has any experience with folks in the DC area, please feel free to share. But do remember anyone listed is not endorsed by C2C Care. Thanks again. ------------------------------ Robin Bauer Kilgo Coordinator, Connecting to Collections ...

Latest Blog Posts

• Below is a posting for our fellow museum professionals. I thought this community would be the best place for this. Please share with your colleagues.  Bureau Director II, Director of Curatorial Services Museum Division Starting Annual Salary: $55,208.96 ...