Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.pngThis free online community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to pose questions related to collections care. Questions are monitored and referred to a community of experts to elicit the best possible responses. Join the community by creating an account or logging in by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: Storage Pallet for Collections Vaults

At National Air and Space Museum, we have an ongoing move project to transfer heavy/large artifacts onto aluminum pallets. Certainly not the cheapest solution, but the durability and high weight rating are ideal for a number of our artifacts (think: ...

• Profile Picture

RE: LED lights

Thank you for all the replies.  My board has a lot of research and decision making for the future.  We are in a city-owned building and we would like to give them choices when they start converting the current light fixtures. ------------------------------ ...

• Profile Picture

Sally, Thanks to the Department of Energy, and Scientist at the Pacific Northwest National Lab, there is excellent and abundant information to support the use of LED's in museums.    https://www.energy.gov/eere/ssl/gateway-museum-reports The two studies ...

• Profile Picture

RE: new storage room cleaning tips?

Hello,  I am the current C2CC monitor and would be happy to add a few more suggestions to the recommendations Margaret Geiss-Mooney made. I suggest having a HEPA vacuum present. Having a brush available so you can sweep out the tracks for the movable ...

• Profile Picture

Hello, Thank you for your question. I am the current C2CC monitor and can briefly provide some information. There are also a lot of good resources on LED usage in museums which I can also provide. LED lights are more efficient and and last longer, ...

Latest Library Entries