Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.pngThis free online community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to pose questions related to collections care. Questions are monitored and referred to a community of experts to elicit the best possible responses. Join the community by creating an account or logging in by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: Chalkart preservation

Gillian, Thank you for all this good information. We do have UV filters on all our lights at least! Yadin Larochette has reached out to me about an acrylic product she represents, so at least I have options. Judith

• Profile Picture

Hi Judith, I spoke to Andrea Chevalier, one of our experts, and she recommended the following: Commercial spray varnishes are not suitable for art or archival materials. The resins used in these products are not specified in any detail so it is difficult ...

• Profile Picture

Thanks Gillian, technology is not my friend, so slipping through the cracks is nothing new. Judith

• Profile Picture

Hi Judith, Thank you for your question - I apologize, it looks like it slipped through the cracks! I will consult one of our experts and will get back to you as soon as I have more information. Thank you! Gillian ------------------------------ Gillian ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Lamp Shades

Hi Maureen. As an object's conservator with over 30 years experience and a former hot glass blower, I can understand the dilema of the value of the piece versus the cost for repairing it. You might want to consider at least sending photos of the broken ...