Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.pngThis free online community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to pose questions related to collections care. Questions are monitored and referred to a community of experts to elicit the best possible responses. Join the community by creating an account or logging in by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: preservation

Hi Julie, Do you have a photo you can upload possibly?  I'm trying to picture what context you're dealing with.  Can you give us a little more information about the logs, if they have any kind of stain/ sealant, etc.?  I'll also check in with our experts ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Photo color types

Gawain -       They don't look like color photographs that have faded or stained with age. The type of toning I mentioned was especially in vogue in the 1940s -1950s. Check out this ad from Popular Photography June 1946. p. 137 - below. The Edwal toners ...

• Profile Picture

Hi David-- Those look like B+W photos that have gotten strange colors thru copying. They don't particularly look like chemically toned photographs which would most likely be sepia-toned (brown), selenium-toned (neutral or slightly purple-black), or a ...

• Profile Picture

Thanks Susan. Your suggestion makes perfect sense. ------------------------------ David Cranston Curator Hadley-Lake Luzerne Historical Society Lake Luzerne NY (518) 696-4520 ------------------------------

• Profile Picture

preservation

Dear colleagues, In my neighborhood, we just had an 1880's two story log house dismantled. The company graciously left some of the logs for our historical society to make and outdoor display. There were some old newspapers circa 1880's stuck to the ...

Latest Blog Posts

• Below is a posting for our fellow museum professionals. I thought this community would be the best place for this. Please share with your colleagues.  Bureau Director II, Director of Curatorial Services Museum Division Starting Annual Salary: $55,208.96 ...