Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.pngThis free online community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to pose questions related to collections care. Questions are monitored and referred to a community of experts to elicit the best possible responses. Join the community by creating an account or logging in by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: Conservation of large outdoor sculpture

Hi Kathryn, I don't have the answers but I have an idea of who might have some suggestions. When I lived in Fort Wayne, IN the art museum there also has a large outdoor painted steel sculpture that was hit by a drunk driver. They had it repaired though ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Conservation of large outdoor sculpture

Hi Kathryn. Im a sculpture conservator in Manhattan who has been able to work with the various institutional clients through not only the federal grants April mentioned, but also private and state funding.  One great grant in the area that would cover ...

• Hi Kathryn, I am the C2CC Monitor for this week and have a few suggestions for you.  First, you may want to take this webinar: https://www.connectingtocollections.org/inside-out-outdoor-sculpture/ .  Another resource is this pdf file from the old Save ...

• Profile Picture

Conservation of large outdoor sculpture

​Kingsborough Community College in Brooklyn NY is the proud home to an epic outdoor steel sculpture, "Ascendance" by Osamu Shimoda that was donated to us in 1977. It is the first thing visitors to our campus see.  However, it is in need of conservation ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Presurized artifacts

Alan, I have heard back from one expert who suggests bagging the small aerosol can to prevent leaking and additionally ensuring the climate is controlled in the storage area.  It occurs to me that controlling the climate could be different for these ...

Latest Blog Posts

• Below is a posting for our fellow museum professionals. I thought this community would be the best place for this. Please share with your colleagues.  Bureau Director II, Director of Curatorial Services Museum Division Starting Annual Salary: $55,208.96 ...