Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.pngThis free online community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to pose questions related to collections care. Questions are monitored and referred to a community of experts to elicit the best possible responses. Join the community by creating an account or logging in by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

White "crystallization" on wood African object

We have a wooden African headdress that seems to have a whitish substance on the surface that is kind of glittery. It's not fuzzy like mold. For this object, we have a conservator's examination report from 1992 that notes: "ghosting from resinous spews ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Exhibit labels question

We use Blu-tack.  It holds well and does not leave a residue. ------------------------------ Jessica Estes Director of Collections and Exhibitions Telfair Museums Savannah GA (912) 790-8813 ------------------------------

• Profile Picture

Hi Meghan, A sticky question indeed! We haven't found a perfect solution for all situations but here are some of the things we do when screws and/or magnets won't work: 1) Sometime we put down a liner of 3M blue painters tape (burnish it with a squeegee) ...

• Profile Picture

Hi Meghan, I've run into similar problems with wall damage and also larger panels falling off the walls when hanging foam labels. My solution is to apply a wire to the back of the panel using epoxy and then just hanging it with nails or hooks. This ...

• Profile Picture

Have you tried the command velcro (picture hanging) strips? Re-positionable and a clean release! Karen Butler-Clary ------Original Message------ Hi all, I am wondering how others hang their exhibit labels. We typically mount the labels on foam core ...

Latest Blog Posts

• Below is a posting for our fellow museum professionals. I thought this community would be the best place for this. Please share with your colleagues.  Bureau Director II, Director of Curatorial Services Museum Division Starting Annual Salary: $55,208.96 ...