Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.pngThis free online community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to pose questions related to collections care. Questions are monitored and referred to a community of experts to elicit the best possible responses. Join the community by creating an account or logging in by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Hello. Can you provide the proposed product name and its MSDS? I am happy to review. There are a variety of joint sealants available, some better than others, and some that claim to be inert. And it all depends on what they are off-gassing and its ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Collections Storage sealant materials

Lorraine- From my understanding, the sealant will be applied on the interior of the room at the edges where the walls meet the ceiling and the floors. I don't know if the sealant will be applied to the entire length of the edges or just where they ...

• Profile Picture

Callie, can you give me a little more information about where this sealant is to be installed? I'm guessing on the exterior of the building, but I don't want to assume. If you can let me know, I can give you a better response. Kind regards, ------------------------------ ...

• Profile Picture

Sustainability Now: A newsletter from the AIC Sustainability ...

The AIC Sustainability Committee will be launching our inaugural Newsletter Sustainability Now in mid-December. We invite you to register now to receive our first digital publication! 1. Log into your AIC Community profile: www.culturalheritage.org/profile ...

• Profile Picture

This is an excellent topic to bring up with the C2C group.  Certainly, the mention of off-gassing in the SDS should warrant concern for collections and should prompt additional questions.  Volatilization of organic compounds will of course be worse during ...

Latest Library Entries