Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.png
Have a specific question about collections care? You’ve come to the right place! The Connecting to Collections Care (C2C Care) Community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to post collections care questions. The forum is monitored by volunteer conservation professionals who answer questions directly or can seek the assistance of conservators and collections care professionals who provide expert assistance. All submitted questions that meet the guidelines will be posted to the community and reviewed and answered by our monitors and experts. The forum is also used to share announcements about C2C Care webinars and courses, as well as free resources (such as grants, events, publications, etc.) of interest to our core audience of smaller institutions. We encourage you to review additional terms of participation at https://community.culturalheritage.org/termsandconditions.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

Bank of America Conservation Grants Deadline Nov. ...

I wanted to let you know that Bank of America has opened up the application period for 2022 Bank of America Art Conservation Project (ACP) grants. Here is an overview, as provided by Bank of America:   ACP is a unique program that provides grants ...

• Dear Lauren, Jennifer, From your photos, my guess would be old mold residue. Considering that having a conservator assess the painting is not in the cards, my recommendation would be to handle this painting as one would handle any new acquisition. ...

• Profile Picture

RE: MOLD - advice on fungicide already used

Dear Christian, Thanks for your patience regarding this question. The product you mention, Shockwave disinfectant is classified as a quaternary ammonium compound (QAC) per its safety data sheet. As I mentioned before, we are seeing an increased usage ...

• Hi Wendi, Thanks for reaching out to the C2CC community. As you say, mounting things as seemingly simple as coins can still require thought and care. I'll see if I can help you find a solution that fits your situation. Whenever we make a ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Coin Mounting/Display Ideas

Dear Wendi, Thank you for your question. We dealt with this issue not long ago, and also struggled to find pre-made displays that we liked as many tend to feel bulky in proportion to the coins themselves.  Mounting the coins onto board is easy as ...