Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.pngThis free online community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to pose questions related to collections care. Questions are monitored and referred to a community of experts to elicit the best possible responses. Join the community by creating an account or logging in by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: How to remove things from freezers

Has anyone tried drying frozen wet objects by using silica gel or another desiccant in the freezer (i.e., freeze drying without vacuum)? It might take a long time and require many desiccant renewals, but it would be inexpensive and relatively easy. ...

• Profile Picture

RE: How to remove things from freezers

Dear Patricia, There has been a great deal of discussion and thought put into your inquiry. Given the complexity and numerous unknowns for this scenario, the following recommendations have been made by the C2CC community: The C2CC community recommends ...

• Profile Picture

RE: recording hygrothermograph calibration service

Dear Allison,  I have communicated with conservation colleagues and collection managers and the general consensus seems to be that many institutions have either adopted digital technologies (i.e Hobo's, PEM2's, etc.) or they calibrate the devices in-house ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Steaming embroidered silk organza?

Hello  Esmé, Great question! I am currently reaching out to some of our textile gurus to get some information for you.  Stay tuned! ------------------------------ Nicole Peters Conservator Peters Art Conservation Services, LLC Skagway AK (304) 559-1613 ...

• Profile Picture

Steaming embroidered silk organza?

Hello,  We have a dress in good, physical condition, made of silk organza, embellished with embroidery, which is just about 10 years old. To remove a few minor creases, for displaying the dress, would it be safe to use a steamer or is there a resource ...

Latest Blog Posts

• Below is a posting for our fellow museum professionals. I thought this community would be the best place for this. Please share with your colleagues.  Bureau Director II, Director of Curatorial Services Museum Division Starting Annual Salary: $55,208.96 ...