Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.pngThis free online community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to pose questions related to collections care. Questions are monitored and referred to a community of experts to elicit the best possible responses. Join the community by creating an account or logging in by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Thank you all for your help! These resources and tips will be really useful. The hemp plant was actually dropped off end of last year and I wasn't involved in the interaction, so I'm still learning a little bit about the details. Here's what I've managed ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Displaying hemp plant with other artifacts

Chelsea, Dried plant parts are generally pretty resilient to the elements, but as Olga said you will want to ensure the temperature and humidity in the display area are controlled (humidity is going to be the big one here). As the specimen takes on more ...

• Profile Picture

Dear Chelsea, Also be sure to check out the C2C Care webinar on herbaria and their care - it should be very helpful for your situation. An Introduction to Herbaria and Herbarium Practices https://www.connectingtocollections.org/herbaria/ ...

• Profile Picture

We treat our collection of dried specimens following a protocol adapted from the NYBG's Herbarium where more than seven million specimens are stored. In the Library we have a small collection of non-scientific herbaria. The preservation needs for ...

• Profile Picture

Hi Chelsea, I reached out to some conservators with more experience with natural science specimens. I received a thoughtful response from objects conservator Rachael Perkins Arenstein:  "As a conservator who treats natural science specimens I find ...

Latest Blog Posts

• Below is a posting for our fellow museum professionals. I thought this community would be the best place for this. Please share with your colleagues.  Bureau Director II, Director of Curatorial Services Museum Division Starting Annual Salary: $55,208.96 ...