The event is organised by Heritage Conservation Centre (HCC) and will take place from 23 to 25 October 2019 at the National Museum of Singapore. The conference theme is Collections Care: Staying Relevant in Changing Times, ASEAN & Beyond. Focusing on cross-disciplinary nature of collections care, the conference aims to contextualise challenges and solutions through shared experiences, and to celebrate advancements, while strengthening and forging relationships within the profession.
The 3-day conference hopes to bring together a diverse pool of cultural workers ranging from collection managers and registrars, to conservators and scientists, including librarians, archivist, cataloguers, and curators from various cultural institutions to engage in dialogue. The conference will also include a poster presentation session, a welcome cocktail reception and an optional half-day tour.
Conference theme broadly covers:
- Customised approaches or innovative use of technology in strengthening collections management or care;
- Interdisciplinary and contextual approaches to conservation of traditional and contemporary works of art and artefacts;
- Strategies in keeping and accessing digital collections;
- Enhancing access to and research of collections through collection cataloguing and knowledge management; and
- Application of scientific analysis in characterising and understanding the properties of materials found in the region.
More information about the conference programme and registration information can be found on the conference website: https://nhb.gov.sg/what-we-do/our-work/sector-development/museum-roundtable/hcc
REGISTRATION KEY INFO
Early Bird Registration (25 April to 26 August 2019) – 350 SGD
Normal Registration (from 27 August) – 500 SGD
Please access the link to the conference website above to register online to the conference.
For enquiries, please contact the conference organising committee at email@example.com.