Imaging Working Group

The Imaging Working Group is an international community of people (conservators, photographers, scientists and more) interested in conservation and cultural heritage imaging. This community allows for broader communication within the IWG volunteer group.

Latest Discussion Posts

• I was curious and went snooping. The Alt Text for this image from the James Webb Space Telescope is: " An hourglass shaped cloud of material burst out from the bright center, with the orange, semi-opaque gas cloud on top and orange fading to a bright ...

• Dear Caroline, What an interesting question. After reflecting on it, I feel like the simple answer is that your example is already sufficient. Even the images we make and use don't always explain the material significance of what the viewer is seeing, ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Alt Text descriptions of multispectral images

I would think that it really depends of the intended audience. What audience are you writing for? ------------------------------ Douglas MacLennan Assistant Scientist Getty Conservation Institute Los Angeles CA ------------------------------

• Profile Picture

Alt Text descriptions of multispectral images

Dear IWG Colleagues, I am writing content for a website that includes technical imaging workflows, and we would like to include Alt Text descriptions of the UVL, IRRFC, VIL and MBR images we're posting on the site. The alt descriptions we've drafted, ...

• Hi All, MoMA has a great opportunity for an experienced Conservation Photographer that will work closely with the Imaging team from within the Conservation Department. The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) seeks a Senior Conservation Photographer ...

Current Members
92 Members
community Admin
community Admin
community Admin
community Admin
community Admin
community Moderator
community Admin
community Moderator