Imaging Working Group

The Imaging Working Group is an international community of people (conservators, photographers, scientists and more) interested in conservation and cultural heritage imaging. This community allows for broader communication within the IWG volunteer group.

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: Monthly imaging question - June

Hi Wendy, Yes hopefully even if people aren't viewing on calibrated monitors, if we are calibrating our captures then differences like in pre/post treatment images will still be relatively apparent. In the Imaging department we output all primary ...

• Hi Chris, Thanks so much for this great thoughtful response! Yeah without calibrated screens I suppose it all generally isn't been viewed properly. However, since the color accuracy (in my experience) is mostly being used by conservators to understand ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Monthly imaging question - June

Hi Wendy, This is a very interesting question. By the same token you could ask why bother to color calibrate your image captures if most people are going to view those images on uncalibrated, unreliable monitors? I would say that the quality, calibration ...

• Hi IWG, I hope that your summer is off to a good start! Here's my question for you this month: Considering that most of my clients in wall painting conservation (stakeholders/property managers) don't actually have the capability to view the full ...

• That looks great, thanks for sharing Andrew!! ------------------------------ Wendy Rose Alexandria VA ------------------------------

Current Members
157 Members
community Admin
community Moderator
community Leadership
community Admin
community Moderator
community Leadership
community Admin
community Moderator
community Leadership
community Admin