Connecting to Collections Care

View Only

c2ccare_logo.png
Have a specific question about collections care? You’ve come to the right place! The Connecting to Collections Care (C2C Care) Community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to post collections care questions. The forum is monitored by volunteer conservation professionals who answer questions directly or can seek the assistance of conservators and collections care professionals who provide expert assistance. All submitted questions that meet the guidelines will be posted to the community and reviewed and answered by our monitors and experts. The forum is also used to share announcements about C2C Care webinars and courses, as well as free resources (such as grants, events, publications, etc.) of interest to our core audience of smaller institutions. We encourage you to review additional terms of participation at https://community.culturalheritage.org/termsandconditions.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: UV Window Film

We've used it on almost all the windows here in our building. The first time we ordered through Gaylord. It was easy to use/apply. Lots of cutting but worth it. If I remember correctly it was like 80-90 % UV blocking but we also leave all of our shades ...

• Profile Picture

Now Available! C2C Care April 2024 Webinar OSHA's On-Site ...

You can now access the recording and resources from the April 25, 2024 C2C Care webinar OSHA's On-Site Consultation Program. https://connectingtocollections.org/ohsaonsiteconsultation/ And don't forget to register for our upcoming MayDay ...

• Profile Picture

Hi Laureen, We've used two different kind of UV blocking film in our historic house museum. In our more modern gallery spaces, we installed roller shades with tinted film. For 23 windows in three rooms, the shades cost us under $2000. Sometimes guests ...

• Profile Picture

Dear Laureen, Thanks for your question! I will pull together some information and get back to you shortly. In the meantime, I hope others who have experience using UV films will chime in and share their thoughts. Best, Jen ------------------------------ ...

• Profile Picture

Hi Laureen, The historic house I used to work at hired a company to install UV window film in some of the rooms. It was fairly expensive because of the company we chose, but the more rooms we did at one time the cheaper it was per room. About $1200 ...