Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.pngThis free online community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to pose questions related to collections care. Questions are monitored and referred to a community of experts to elicit the best possible responses. Join the community by creating an account or logging in by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: Broken ceramic plate

Hello Margo, There have been 2 excellent responses I wanted to pass on that might help you move forward.  This first one comes from Suzanne Quigley: My first advice would be to contact my insurance broker and explain the situation and ask for their ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Storing Beer in Can or not?

I think it is better to be safe than sorry. My recommendation would be to drill a hole in the bottom and drain the can and rinse it with water before accessioning and storage. Since the point is to document the special beer my guess is the information ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Storing Beer in Can or not?

My suggestion is to empty and wash the can before accessioning and/or displaying it. If it's going to be displayed for any length of time, or if its significance warrants, I'd ask for two cans so that one can be kept safe in storage while the other is ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Broken ceramic plate

Dear Margo What a shame! Don't worry, it can almost certainly be safely repaired by a ceramic conservator. It would help if you take photographs to show the fragments and damage to send to a conservator for a quote about the possible treatment and ...

• Profile Picture

Broken ceramic plate

We have a ceramic Passover Seder plate from pre-WWII Poland in our collection. It is stored offsite, and when we called it in for a display for the holiday, it was delivered to us broken. I have notified the storage company, and they are asking me ...

Upcoming Events