Connecting to Collections Care

View Only

c2ccare_logo.png
Have a specific question about collections care? You’ve come to the right place! The Connecting to Collections Care (C2C Care) Community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to post collections care questions. The forum is monitored by volunteer conservation professionals who answer questions directly or can seek the assistance of conservators and collections care professionals who provide expert assistance. All submitted questions that meet the guidelines will be posted to the community and reviewed and answered by our monitors and experts. The forum is also used to share announcements about C2C Care webinars and courses, as well as free resources (such as grants, events, publications, etc.) of interest to our core audience of smaller institutions. We encourage you to review additional terms of participation at https://community.culturalheritage.org/termsandconditions.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: disolving bumpons

Thanks to all for your helpful replies. I will definitely be on the lookout for more of these in the collection. ------------------------------ John Turner Senior Museum Curator Museum of Florida History Tallahassee FL ----------------------------- ...

• Profile Picture

Hello, Years ago (2009), when I starting working at the Burns Library I noticed that a number of framed works had these brown-colored "bumpons". The framed art work had been hanging in a hallway likely since the 1980s. The bumpers on the frames had ...

• Hi everyone, this a last minute reminder that there will be a free AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Earthquake Preparedness and Mitigation with Jerry Podany tomorrow , July 25th at 1pm ET . All you have to do is leave your questions in the comments below ...

• Profile Picture

Dear Mr. Turner, I am not familiar with this kind of "bumpons" on the back of the frame. To better comprehend the situation: is it necessary to keep and conserve the materials, dice they have an important function for the frame? Or is it required ...

• Profile Picture

Hello John, Yes! At a previous museum I worked at, the collections manager and myself (registrar), found several framed paintings that had these bumpers or Bumpons on them. We noticed that a few of the frames had this sticky, almost chocolate-like smear ...