Connecting to Collections Care

c2ccare_logo.png
Have a specific question about collections care? You’ve come to the right place! The Connecting to Collections Care (C2C Care) Community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to post collections care questions. The forum is monitored by volunteer conservation professionals who answer questions directly or can seek the assistance of conservators and collections care professionals who provide expert assistance. All submitted questions that meet the guidelines will be posted to the community and reviewed and answered by our monitors and experts. The forum is also used to share announcements about C2C Care webinars and courses, as well as free resources (such as grants, events, publications, etc.) of interest to our core audience of smaller institutions. We encourage you to review additional terms of participation at https://community.culturalheritage.org/termsandconditions.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: Cleaning interactives during COVID times

Thank you, Rebecca! I agree that disinfecting as a primary Covid prevention has been shown less of a concern for transmission. Working for a Federal entity, we're mandated by the government to enforce mask wearing as the primary method to reduce spread. ...

• Profile Picture

Hi Constance, and thank you for sharing this information. As monitor I can't endorse any specific products, and as I said in an earlier post, I don't suggest disinfecting of surfaces as a primary Covid prevention measure. However, it sounds like the products ...

• Profile Picture

Hello Maureen,  Here at Lowell NHP we use Simple Green products to clean but for Covid we switched to a spraying disinfectant called Virex II 256, really great for most surfaces (railings, desk areas, door handles, crash bars). For the exhibits though, ...

• Profile Picture

Hi Rebecca, This is very helpful. Thank you! Maureen Maureen K. Harper Collections Manager Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library 33 Marrett Road (street) / P. O. Box 519 (mailing) Lexington, ...

• Profile Picture

Hi Maureen, I am the C2CC monitor this week. I can't recommend specific products, but I do want to question the need for special disinfecting when it's understood now that airborne, rather than surface transmission, is the primary route for virus spread. ...