Connecting to Collections Care

View Only

c2ccare_logo.png
Have a specific question about collections care? You’ve come to the right place! The Connecting to Collections Care (C2C Care) Community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to post collections care questions. The forum is monitored by volunteer conservation professionals who answer questions directly or can seek the assistance of conservators and collections care professionals who provide expert assistance. All submitted questions that meet the guidelines will be posted to the community and reviewed and answered by our monitors and experts. The forum is also used to share announcements about C2C Care webinars and courses, as well as free resources (such as grants, events, publications, etc.) of interest to our core audience of smaller institutions. We encourage you to review additional terms of participation at https://community.culturalheritage.org/termsandconditions.
#C2CCare
#CollectionManagement

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

Wood Rott

I have a question, in adition to volunteering with the Rutland Historical Society, I also volunteer with the Vermont State Fair in Rutland in it's Farm Museum. The farm museum has a hemp breaker dated from the 1880's. This artifact is suffering from extensive ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Vitrine repair

@Heidi Mead Below is the response from Jamie Hascall, Craftsman, Trainer, Consultant at MountMaking Focus Hi Sharon and Heidi, I've been looking at this question and trying to come up with a reasonable path forward for you. As I figured, it's going ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Preparing a motorcycle for storage

It is not exactly South Florida, but the best motorcycle museum I have ever encountered is Wheel Through Time in Maggie Valley NC.  They are closed for the Winter but some staff may be on duty.  828-926-6266,  As a past museum conservator, I love this ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Vitrine repair

An updated response from Jamie: Hi Heidi, I hadn't quite understood your statement about the "ribbon" of adhesive but just took another look at your post and think I get it. It sounds like your vitrine was built with a silicone glue instead of a solvent ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Vehicle Car Covers

Good morning Leah, As the acting C2C Care community monitor, I'd like to thank you for posting this question to the community! As it happens, I did a lot of research on low-density polyethylene for my master's thesis.  100% virgin Low-density polyethylene ...

Latest Library Entries