CROSS MUSEUM SERVICES
Conservation Assistant Needed
We have been contracted by a major museum in Washington, D.C. to provide a conservation assistant for a 9 -12 month posting beginning in late November / early December with the following requirements:
- Experienced in providing support for conservation activities gained through prior internship(s), volunteer position(s), or employment in a conservation laboratory, preferably an objects or sculpture conservation laboratory
- Experienced in handling three-dimensional works of art, and demonstrated good manual dexterity
- Experienced with databases, various imaging software (such as Adobe Photoshop), and collection management applications (such as CMS)
- Highly organized and able to meet deadlines, with the ability to coordinate numerous projects and activities simultaneously
- Able to climb stairs and ladders, stoop, bend, transport supply carts, and engage in other moderate physical activities as required for the treatment of large sculptures
This person would be a contractor through our company Cross Museum Services with a pay of $30 per hour and a full 40 hour a week schedule.
We imagine the posting would be ideal for a conservation studies student or someone planning a career in museum conservation.
If you are interested or know of anyone please have them send a resume to email@example.com.