Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Collections & Research, provides preventative conservation and treatment for anthropological, natural science, library/archives, and fine art collections at the Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History. Will preserve, protect and guarantee the survival and future accessibility of collections for research, teaching, and exhibition purposes in accordance with accepted professional ethical codes, such as the American Institute for Conservation of Historic & Artistic Works (AIC).
Required Education and Experience: A Master’s degree from a recognized conservation training program and at least five years of experience as an Objects Conservator.
- Substantial knowledge of chemistry and appropriate analytical techniques for materials analysis and development of treatments.
- Substantial knowledge of a wide range of approaches to conservation treatments.
- Proven ability to build and maintain influence and trust with a wide array of constituencies and to work both collaboratively and independently in an organized and productive manner. Flexible and friendly team player with a professional manner.
- Strong written, editing, and oral communication skills. Ability to supervise and mentor individuals and provide immediate feedback to improve performance.
- Strong work ethic and ability to excel in a fast-paced, results oriented, and community environment. Highly proficient at managing multiple priorities while exceeding expectations. Resourceful in solving problems, and the ability to demonstrate grace and professionalism under pressure.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Achievements in conservation publications. External fund raising. Experience in public outreach.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/2HkCPQ5. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.