The Foundation for Advancement in Conservation (FAIC) seeks a part-time contract Coordinator for Connecting to Collections Care (C2C Care), an online community providing small and mid-sized organizations access to information and resources on caring for cultural heritage collections. The Coordinator will organize the production and archiving of webinars and courses, oversee volunteer monitors of online community discussions, manage the program website, and lead program promotion.
The community, currently active at www.connectingtocollections.org, has over 2,800 registered participants and presents approximately twelve webinars and two online courses each year.
This is a contract, fee-based position, with no benefits. The time required is estimated at 18 hours per week, with compensation at $25 per hour and total compensation not to exceed $23,400 annually.
The Coordinator will work from home or own office. Telephone, email, and internet connections required. The Coordinator will report to the FAIC Program Director & Administrative Manager. A volunteer advisory group will help provide content support.Position Description
The C2C Care Coordinator is an independent contractor to the Foundation for Advancement in Conservation (FAIC) and reports to the FAIC Programs Director & Administrative Manager. The position, created to manage the day-to-day operations of C2C Care, is a contract for 18 hours per week. The Coordinator is expected to work off site, communicating by phone, email, and other online platforms.
The Coordinator will:
• Schedule webinars and courses
• Guide instructors and participants through events
• Utilize FAIC’s learning management system and webinar platform to build and administer webinars and courses
• Oversee volunteer forum monitors to ensure timely responses
• Add and update resources to the Website, as needed
• Promote events on the program website, social media, and with outreach to allied organizations
• Archive programs and ensure all materials are backed up appropriately
• Administer end-of-program evaluations
• Communicate effectively with the Advisory Group, webinar instructors and participants, community members, and AIC and FAIC staff
• Participate in regular phone meetings during regular FAIC business hours
• Gather attendance and analytics data
• Identify and recommend potential program improvements
• Bachelor’s degree
• Technical understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, web content management, and online learning platforms (Adobe Connect or GoToWebinar, for example). Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite desirable.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Resourceful, highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently
• Familiarity with C2C Care’s primary audience of small and mid-sized museums
• Familiarity with conservation or collections care desirable
Review of applications will begin September 1, 2019, with a desired start date in October.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
To apply, please send resume or CV and a cover letter to:
Programs Director & Administrative Manager